Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today is the day


November 11th has arrived. It's taken months to get here and now it is here.


I've decided that the best way to deal with this day, is to treat it like my birthday - I only do exactly what I want to do, no pressure, no trying.

I went running, took addie to school, ran some errands, bought some supplies for my upcoming art show, picked up addie, put her down for a nap (despite having to go in there 3 times, saying with a stern face - time to sleep), and putzed in my office. Steve came home early from work and my friend Matilda & her son  came over for the traditional sullivan family cocktail, the oh-so-classic vodka tonic. I can see why people drink hard alcohol. It works fast. I was buzzed instantly and they all (my mom also joined us) made fun of me when I poured a second drink. Despite being Irish, I can't drink more than one drink (with the delightful  exception of champagne!) Needless to say, I only had a few sips of drink #2. We ate a simple dinner and that was pretty much the end of my night.

3 years down.

No comments: