Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Me!


Today is my anniversary. Steve and I tied the knot 3 years ago. It's amazing how much has changed in 3 years. Tonight, we are going to our favorite sushi place (Senju, located in a mini-mall in Windsor, what!) and then to see a movie NEW MOON... a romantic vampire movie, which we are both sure to love. Steve loves easy romance... think Bridget Jones Diary, Sandra Bullock movies and Hugh Grant. It's a date from the days of yore, for sure. I love my man.

YESTERDAY I started feeling better. That is also amazing. Almost like a cloud has lifted. I feel good about life and less intense about the issues I struggle with. The grief I feel from late August through  mid November is real and constant. It ebbs and flows, but it is most certainly there. During it I doubt myself, I wonder will it always be this way, I struggle and hate... but then one day it stops. I feel light again. Ah, I let out a big fat sigh of relief. Back to CRAFTING!!!!! My dolls are looking rad awesome!!!!

Below is my anniversary Altar - each year I pull out a box of moments, read the cards, our vows, look at the scrap book, touch the mala beads we put our promises into, light the candles from our wedding altar. It's a nice ritual.

No comments: